When you are searching for how to brew the perfect cup of coffee at home, there are a few tips which can help you along. Hopefully, the guide below is enough to get you going, and if you'd like to learn more about how to make the perfect cup of coffee, you can always sign up for barista training in your area (seriously, it's a thing).
How To Brew The Perfect Cup Of Coffee
Use Whole Coffee Beans
Good coffee costs a little extra, and there is no way to avoid that extra cost. Good coffee beans are the first step in making a great cup of coffee. If you can search out a local roaster, you can quickly grind your own. Alternatively, you can find an online subscription service, and have your beans delivered every two weeks. Why do we suggest you buy whole beans? Whole bean coffee is fresher and contains more flavor.
Know Your Beans
If you had barista training on making the best cup of coffee possible, this might be the one area where you can learn more than reading. Knowing your coffee beans is essential.
More than anything the growing region affects many factors in the final cup of coffee. These can include the following:
Buy A Scale
This might seem strange, but when you are seeking a perfect cup, you need to be exact as the weight of coffee will affect the taste by quite a margin. A good starting point is 90 grams of coffee beans for a 6 cup machine. Weigh you beans before grinding and brewing.
Only Grind What You Will Use
This makes a lot of sense. Grind what you need and when you are about to use them. This will help you to brew the freshest cup of coffee each and every time.
1. Mommee Coffee--full caff, low acid, ground, 12 oz.
2. Java Planet--Colombian gourmet specialty grade A low acid, whole bean, 1 lb.
3. Kohana Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate--organic, low-acid, 32 oz.
4. Laird Superfood Organic Whole Bean Peruvian Coffee--medium roast, 14 oz.
5. White Knight--light roast organic coffee artisan blend, whole bean, 2 lb.
6. Colombia Jo--organic ground Colombian, medium roast, 12 oz.
7. Death Wish--"The World's Strongest Coffee", organic, ground, 12 oz.
8. Baronet Coffee--dark Kenya AA dark roast, 18-ct coffee pods (Pack of 3)
9. Equal Exchange Organic Coffee--Colombian ground, 12 oz.
10. Larry's Coffee--Mocha Java blend, organic, whole bean, 5 lb.
I couldn't resist wrapping up a serious post about coffee without including some humorous coffee mugs! Ch-ch-check these out!