Every home can use a spruce up now and then, and spring seems to be the perfect time of year to address any home improvements you might be considering. If making major home renovations is out of the question this year, we have seven minor home improvements for you to consider instead.
Minor Home Improvements You Can Make This Spring
1. Restyle your bookcase - if you have a bookcase, consider giving it an overhaul. Refresh your books by donating the old ones and purchasing new ones at thrift stores and other second-hand shops. Style your bookshelf by organizing books by color, and add unique and whimsical bookends. Pepper the bookshelf with photos in stylish frames, plants in colorful pots and other small objets d'art.
2. Use peel & stick wallpaper - there are many types of adhesive-backed paper products (like Contact brand) that can be used on surfaces and furniture, and is a smart, affordable way to change up your decor. Use adhesive paper to line the back of a bookshelf or shelves in your pantry or cabinets; use it on stair risers or cover a wall and use as an accent wall.
3. Improve and upgrade your lighting - think about changing up your lighting by swapping out your standard bulbs for energy-efficient LED bulbs. Add accent lighting, table lamps and task lighting using warmer edison-style bulbs to give your home a cozier vibe.
4. Change up the knobs on your furniture - this is a super-simple way to quickly upgrade older furniture New knobs are affordable and styles run the gamut from plain to ornate, and everything in between.
5. Upgrade your bathroom - The bathroom is one of the easiest rooms in the house to upgrade, and it doesn't have to cost a fortune, either. Swap out your shower head for something more modern, add plants for a spa-like feel and if you're feeling adventurous, choose a fresh, new paint color. If you feel as if your bathroom could stand a real remodel, check out building materials pro to learn about the different materials you may need in your bathroom reno.
6. Add a little bling - Upgrade the look of your home with a little "bling": look for decor with crystals, sequins and mirrored accents, such as frames, candle holders and throw pillows. A little goes a long way, so tread lightly!
7. Paint the ceiling something different - Most folks paint their ceilings stark white, as if no other option existed. But as the "fifth wall" in your room, it deserves to be considered! Here's some ideas:
These minor home improvements are sure to turn your home from drab to fab. For more ideas, check out this infographic to learn about eight small home improvement projects that offer big returns on your investment: