When it comes to summer decorating, if you're anything like me the first thing you want to do is rip that heavy comforter off your bed and tear down those room darkening drapes--adios, see ya, goodbye--it's time for the ole summer decor switcharoo!
Summer Decor Switcharoo (for your bed and bath)
It doesn't take much to turn a room from dreary winter to sunshine-y summer. As you can see in my farmhouse kitchen decor post, summer color trends are leaning toward various shades of whites and creams, as well as lighter blue tones. Personally, I love mixing and matching subtle patterns, as well as adding unexpected pops of color here and there (loving the comforter set and the adorable butterfly trio below--so cute!). I also lurvvvvv nautical themed bathrooms in the summer! I know, I know--it can be hokey--but big woop, wanna fight about it? The blue shade I chose here is to die for--bright, cheery and staying right on trend.
Shop the look, below!
1. Five-piece comforter set (includes throw pillows!)
2. Tabletop Runner (for dresser)
3. Pom Pom Sheer Window Curtains Set of Two Panels, 52”x84”
4. Hanging Planter Vase & Geometric Wall Decor Container
5. Moroccan Geometric Watercolor Ivory and Brown Wool Runner
6. Beachfront Potpourri With Coastal Scent
7. 8" glass shell vase
8. Yankee Candle Blue Summer Sky Small Single Wick Tumbler Candle
9. Nature Inspired Metal Butterfly Decorative Wall Art Trio
1. Waffle Weave 70" x 72" Fabric Shower Curtain with 12 Color Matching Metal Roller Rings
2. Ocean Blue Seashells Bathroom Accessory Set
3. Andaz Press Wall Art Decor, Nautical Mermaid and Seashell, 8.5x11-inch, Unframed
4. Sarasota Saturday Night Bath Rug
5. Bath and Body Works Wallflower Fragrance Plug In Diffuser
6. Sandy Beach Style Starfish, Seagull & Seashells Wood Wall Rack
7. Bath & Body Works Home Wallflowers 2-pack Refills "Beach Cabana "
8. Life Is Better At The Beach Embroidered Guest Hand Towels, Set of 2
I hope you like this affordable summer decor inspo for lightening up your bed and bath this season. Do you do the ole summer switcharoo when it comes to decorating? Do you have any particular faves in terms of colors or styles? I'd love to hear about it. Let me know in the comments below!